Creating Customer Loyalty
Customer loyalty can be an easy created using some very simple techniques. Many of us are creatures of habit – and I mean that is a nice way – and one of the lessons I learned with my business is that a little goes a long way.
Here’s a little know fact in the business world, offline and online; 80% of your business will come from 20% of your customers. You learn early on, you can’t be everything for everyone and you will not please everyone, but you better make sure you are pleasing that 20% of your loyal customers.
If done correctly, that 20% of your customer base will continue to come back and purchase your products and services over and over. They have had a great experience with your business and look to you as a credible and trusted source.
Keeping Your Customers Coming Back
How do keep them coming back for more? This is done by creating exceptional customer service. I do not mean an automated thank you email sent to them after an order was placed; I’m talking about a full-on premium customer service campaign.
Here are just a few things I have done with my customers that have worked well for me:
- If you are selling physical products, place a written thank you note with the order
- Do a follow-up email once the order has been received to see if they were pleased with their product or service
- Offer special discounts to your repeat customers not available to the general public
- Send out birthday and holiday cards
- Offer a complimentary product or service
- Create amazing rapport by answering customer emails and phone calls immediately
The list can be as elaborate as you want it to be.
Some Questions to Ask Yourself When Creating Your Exceptional Customer Service Plan
What has it taken to impress YOU in relation to great customer service?
What has been your experience in the past with businesses you’ve purchased from?
What has made one business stand out in the crowd from others in the same industry?
What are your opinions about great customer service?
Answer these questions and then create your plan. You don’t need to be a five star business to give five star service.
Now turn around and implement these techniques with your business.